Goodhue County, MN
Town Board Meetings:
3rd Tuesday of the month
Time: 7 pm
Location: Leon Town Hall
Land Use Permits and
Township Building permits required.
Contact Clerk: Sandy Hanson
Complete Leon Township building permit, print and meet with the Clerk to review.
Based on how you are zoned by the Township, if your permit request falls under one of the permitted uses for that zoning district, the permit can be written without review by the Planning Commission or the Board.
If the Clerk determines that the permitted reason falls under Conditional Uses or Interim Uses for that zoning district or requires a Variance,
Application for Conditional Use Permits, Interim Use Permits and Variances will need to be brought to the Planning Commission for review. Prior to review:
- Complete form
- Provide the supporting documentation as determined by Clerk and required by the Township of Leon Zoning Ordinance, sections 16, 17 or 18
- Pay application fee at time of filing
- Deliver application, fee and all supporting documentation to the Clerk who will refer it to the Planning Commission Chair no fewer than 16 days before the Planning Commission meeting at which the application will be heard.
Planning Commission Meetings:
2nd Monday of the month, as needed
Location: Leon Town Hall
Meeting Notice will be posted under the Public Records, Legals section of the Cannon Falls Beacon.
May Town Board Meeting:
- Tuesday, May 19
- Leon Town Hall
Leon Zoning Ordinance - Link
2016 Rock Bids Awarded
At the April 19 Town Board meeting, both parts One and Two of the Rock Bid were awarded to Anderson Rock & Lime, Inc.
Residents of Leon Twp who want gravel for their driveways may contact Anderson Rock & Lime directly.
They will be billed our price of $6.75/ton plus sales tax.
Anderson Rock & Lime 507.263.3526
Chloride Application & Pre-Payment for 2016
Residents wanting chloride application for dust control must pre-pay by May 27, 2016.
Chloride is typically applied the first week of June.
The chloride bid was awarded to Northern Salt at the April Town Board meeting and the rate charged to the residents was set at $ .80/ft.
The Township covers half of the first 400ft. If a typical application is 400ft and the Township covers half up to 200ft, resident pre-pays the remaining 200 feet at $ .80/ft, or $160.
Submit form for pre-payment.
- Post cards will be mailed to residents on roads that are being rocked this year.
- Submit the above form if you don't receive a post card but still want chloride.
- The Beacon will have a reminder to pre-pay but you'll still need to submit the form and pre-pay.
Goodhue County ATV Ordinance
You now need a permit from the Sheriff's office to drive your Class I ATV on County roads.
There is no fee and you can apply online. Here is the ATV ordinance, and a link to the ATV Registration process and permit application.
Shoreland Buffer Requirements
Land owners in Leon Township who do not meet the shoreland buffer requirements (less than 50 ft to the high water mark) will receive a letter from the County.
Landowners should contact the County to work out a plan.